One objective of the 'New Zealand Division 1914-1918’ project is to collect material that relates to the Great War and those involved in or affected by it.
Adding your story to New Zealand Division 1914-1918
You can add your story to New Zealand Division 1914-1918 by using the "My Page" functionality on this website. Type in some information about your contribution, saying what it is (a photograph of a person or place, postcard sent from XX, a diary, poetry, letter, etc) and add any story that you want to share (for example about the person in the photograph, how you got it, what you know about the object). You can then attach a digital version of the object, for example a scanned or photographed copy of the picture, diary, uniform or whatever it is you are sharing. Once your contribution has been submitted it will be reviewed by an expert and become available for others.
How to do it
There you will be asked to complete the following five steps. You do not have to complete the whole process at once but you can save your contribution and return to it later.
- Register to get an account (you only need to do this once) or Sign in if you have already registered.
- Add information about your contribution
- (optional) Attach a digital version of your object (photograph, scanned text, video, audio etc)
- Submit the contribution to the online story collection
- Your contribution will be reviewed by a New Zealand Division cataloguer. When your contribution has been reviewed and accepted it will become visible for others.